Wednesday 28 May 2014

Hello Kitty Quilt WIP

Last week I linked up with Lee at Freshly Pieced sharing progress on my Hello Kitty Quilt for my daughter's 5th Birthday.  (You can read about it here). I'm pleased to say there's been significant progress since then, and I'm almost half way with piecing the 2 1/2" squares.



The panel on the left isn't quite complete, hence looking a little too long.  It was nearly midnight and I just didn't have it in me to carry on till it was finished, my bed was calling!

But I'm thrilled to see Kitty taking shape.  This is what she will eventually look like...


And it may not be obvious in my late night, not good lighting photo above, but I've decided against going with black for the outline, and using a softer dark grey.  Kona Charcoal to be exact.  I think it makes Kitty much softer and more friendly somehow!

I'm hoping to get the third panel complete this week, which is easier said than done given that it's Half Term.  Ahhhh, only 6 weeks until the big day!

I'm also working on a small project that I'd love to share with you, but if the recipient sees even a sneak peek of it, she will know exactly what I'm doing.  So this one's going to have to stay under wraps till it's signed, sealed, delivered and opened.  You know who you are!

Thank you so much for stopping by,

Sarah

Linking up with:

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hello Kitty too!! The quilt is coming out awesome!! I'm sure your daughter is going to love it!

    ~ Jess ~
    Everything Is Coming Up Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this more and more!! How big do you think it will be?? You've got me dying to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The charcoal rather than black is a lovely choice- what a lucky daughter you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to make her very happy!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good!
    ;)
    Start stalking your postie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! Is this a Craftsy pattern? V tempted to get it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a lot of work! I think the choice of charcoal grey is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's why one needs a daughter - it looks completely fab Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!