Thursday 20 March 2014

Superhero (Writing) Capes

This week I was asked by my daughter's teacher if I could make some Superhero Capes, as their topic for this term is Super heroes.  How cool is that?!  The idea behind the capes is that if you want to wear a cape, you have to do some writing.  (Genius idea Mr M). 

As I was making 5, I wanted to keep them super simple, and this is what I came up with.



Five different colours, an appliqué lightening bolt on the back and Velcro straps on the front so that the children can independently put them on and take them off.

I'm pleased to say they were a big hit - so I'm told!  My daughter certainly thinks so - she's the green super hero by the way!

I was delighted that I was asked to make the capes, and they also compliment the Super hero cushion that made for the class a few weeks ago.


My mind is racing with other things I could make.  A super hero quilt for the book corner, some super hero bunting, super hero writing bags...the possibilities are endless.  Oh I wish there were more hours in the day!!

Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. Oh I bet the teacher loves you! The capes are a brilliant idea and so are all the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! Before long you will have the entire classroom sporting a Superhero theme! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great capes and such a clever teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, teachers must love Mum's like you. You've done a brilliant job on the capes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are good! Such a simple thing but to make 5 of them ... bless you. Your daughter must think she has a SuperMummy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you and will reply soon!